Thursday, June 2, 2011

Remember When Everything Was Awesome?

Despite my best efforts, pregnancy has hit me square in the face. I guess at nine months pregnant, it was about time and I should just shut up about it already.

As you may have noticed my posting has become less consistent. Well I assure you it's because lots has been going on around these parts. And by lots, I naturally mean nothing baby-related and tons of dealing with three dogs who seem to be on a weekly rotation of emergency vet visits.

Side note: The next person to tell me how different life will be once I have a kid is going to get metal spikes shoved up their nostrils. We're just adding a new face to the crowd of mammals in this house who are wildly helpless and demand my attention every minute of the day.

Where was I?

Oh right, the joys of Pregnancy: Month Nine. Since I'm all about making this blog interactive, I've made a little quiz for you. Below are some statements and all you need to do is decide if the statement is true or false. I sure hope you're keeping up with all the nuances of this game.

I'll put the answers right next to the question, because I hate having to scroll back and forth to see if I got it right.

We got the nursery finished!
False

We got all the crap out of the nursery and are just waiting to get a few more pieces of furniture and stuff on the walls!
False

We at least got the nursery painting finished!
False

The nursery is a complete disaster and walking in there makes me break out in hives!
True

My cute little toes and feet have been replaced by Fred Flintstone's.
True

I planned every meal this week around what I wanted for dessert.
True

I start each morning walking like a human and end the day waddling like a duck. You know, when I'm not doubled over in pain from a child sitting squarely on the piece of me that apparently houses every nerve ending in my body.
True

In the time it took me to type out the last three statements, I inhaled a bowl of strawberries and whipped cream.
True

I learned how to install a car seat.
True...you weren't expecting that one, were you?

I took a 'preparing for labor' class.
False

I watched 4 movies this weekend and barely left the couch.
True

It has been in the HUNDREDS the past 2 days.
True

In two days, we are officially 1 month away from our due date.
True...holy crap!

No comments: