Monday, November 21, 2011

Remember When I Used to Post?

Me neither.

The Bean and I have been in an epic battle of wills. I'm sort of insistent she sleep. At some point. Ever. She's pretty sure sleep is for suckers. So during the time I used to set aside for blogging, we intellectually debate the impact of a good night's sleep on one's ability to make it through the daytime hours without melting down because the air is touching her.

We will begin sleep training next week. So you can start sharpening your daggers now since I fully intend to Ferberize The Bean. Don't worry though, I skimmed half of an article about the Cry It Out method on BabyCenter, so that pretty much makes me an expert. The main lesson I've gathered is that you can make adjustments to the technique so it works for you and your family.

Which clearly means I can let The Bean cry it out while I don a pair of noise-cancelling headphones and enjoy a martini.

New posts soon as I plan on pawning The Bean off on her grandparents during the holidays and sleeping...then posting.

Safe travels!

4 comments:

Amy E said...

Good luck! We're also going to start sleep traing December 5th. It's time!

C (Kid Things) said...

Ah yes, I remember those days. I never understood a child's resistance to nap, since I would love to take one myself.

Missy | Literal Mom said...

I fully support sleep training. Good luck - it's not easy! But months of sleep deprivation isn't easy either.

One Practical Woman said...

We took a sleep training class and were given 3 variations to the cry it out method. We picked the 'band-aid' verson where you just don't go in as the instructor told us you would yield results in 3 days vs weeks or months with the other methods.
The 1st night of not going in was hell but she slept 4 hrs in her crib (a first) and the next night napped and slept 7hrs and by the 3rd night was doing all naps and sleeping 8-10hrs at night.
We used it for both our kids and now at 5 and 3 1/2 they both still sleep 12hrs and go to bed on their own without any help. It's AWESOME!
GOOD LUCK :)
Jody