Thursday, April 28, 2011

Misdirection

Yesterday morning Michael stunned me with this gem:

"You should be proud of yourself babe. You look great. You're a thin pregnant woman and didn't balloon into a whale."

Since I've been obsessive about not gaining too much weight during this pregnancy (which is a battle I'm losing), this was just about the nicest thing in the world anyone has ever said to me.

So naturally, I went out for lunch and got a 7" chicken sausage hot dog (no nitrates, locally-sourced chicken), large fries--with cheese--and a root beer. And because that wasn't enough I snarfled down some chocolate ice cream afterwards for good measure.

And this is why no one can compliment me.

1 comment:

Darcie said...

Hilarious! At one of my doctor's appointment, I "celebrated" gaining an appropriate amount of weight with a bacon cheeseburger, fries, and ice cream.

I usually respond most responsibly to failure, not success :)